Born in Himeji, Japan, and with several years of work experience as an IT expert in international companies, I completed professional training at the renowned Tokyo Sushi Academy in 2004/2005. Afterward, I got married and moved to Switzerland. Since 2007 I have taught more than 3000 people — always dressed in kimono — how to prepare sushi and cook Japanese food, and have delighted countless others with sushi catering. I would enjoy doing the same for you!
Yoko’s sushi classes
Attend a sushi class with up to 8 participants, at my place or yours.
• Sushi roll class for beginners “Inside-out roll”, “Thin roll” and “Hand roll”
• One day intensive class “Inside-out roll”, “Thin roll”, “Hand roll”, “Sashimi” and “Nigiri sushi”
Learn to cook 4 Japanese everyday dishes in a small class of up to 8 participants, followed by a joint meal enjoyed in a relaxed atmosphere, at my place or yours.
Put together a menu of your choice and cook in a private group.
• main dish(es)
• side dish(es)
• Sake or umeshu
Gift your loved ones Japanese food culture with a cooking class voucher.
• 3.5-hour sushi roll class for beginners
• 4-hour Japanese cooking class
• 5-hour intensive sushi class
• four online class lessons, 2 hours each (private)
Invite everyone to an event: family, friends or co-workers. Learn together with a group of up to 20 how to make sushi — followed by a shared meal. You pick the location, whether it’s your own place or an event restaurant/space.
Profit from my sushi knowledge and my contacts in Japan, such as
• related to import/export
• trade fairs, shows, and exhibitions
• Japan-related promotions, e.g. online product endorsements