Born in Himeji, Japan, with several years of work experience as an IT expert in international companies, I completed professional training at the renowned Tokyo Sushi Academy in 2004/2005. Afterward, I got married and moved to Switzerland. Since 2007 I have been teaching more than 10,000 people — of course, always dressed in kimonos — how to prepare sushi and cook Japanese cuisine, and have delighted countless others with sushi catering. I would appreciate it if you could join us!
Yoko’s sushi classes
Attend a sushi class with up to 8 participants, at my place or yours.
• Sushi roll class for beginners “Inside-out roll”, “Thin roll” and “Hand roll”
• One day intensive class “Inside-out roll”, “Thin roll”, “Hand roll”, “Sashimi” and “Nigiri sushi”
Learn to cook 4 Japanese everyday dishes in a small class of up to 8 participants, followed by a joint meal enjoyed in a relaxed atmosphere, at my place or yours.
Put together a menu of your choice and cook in a private group.
• main dish(es)
• side dish(es)
• Sake or umeshu
Gift your loved ones Japanese food culture with a cooking class voucher.
• 3.5-hour sushi roll class for beginners
• 4-hour Japanese cooking class
• 5-hour intensive sushi class
• four online class lessons, 2 hours each (private)
Invite everyone to the event: family, friends or even co-workers. Learn together with a group of up to 20 how to make sushi from scratch — followed by a shared meal. The location is up to you, no matter it’s your own place or an event restaurant/space.
Profit from my sushi knowledge and my contacts in Japan, such as
• related to import/export
• trade fairs, shows, and exhibitions
• Japan-related promotions, e.g. online product endorsements
Enjoy event with your family, friends or your coworkers from your workplace. You can learn with up to 20 people together to learn how to make mochi and matcha – followed by a meal at your own space or an event venue. A tatami mat is not required. Just bring a set of table and chairs.